406 HDi Brake Fluid Level Low

I have an intermittent problem with my year 2000 HDi estate.

I get an intermittent warning message Brake Fluid Level Low. The level is not low and I still get the same problem with the lead removed from the sensor on the master cylinder. The problem normally occurs when the hand brake is applied and released. It usually happens after the hand brake warning light comes on and before it goes off, not at the same time.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

John

Reply to
John G

"" wrote: > I have an intermittent problem with my year 2000 HDi estate. > > I get an intermittent warning message Brake Fluid Level Low. > The level is > not low and I still get the same problem with the lead removed > from the > sensor on the master cylinder. The problem normally occurs > when the hand > brake is applied and released. It usually happens after the > hand brake > warning light comes on and before it goes off, not at the same > time. > > Any suggestions please? > > Thanks > > John

its a common fault i have it 2 been

to the garage and they say its typical with peugeot electrics,there isnt actually anything wrong just a wirring fault

Reply to
marki

Common fault, caused by a faulty handbrake switch. Replace it, and voila.

Reply to
Nom

Yes peugeot electrics are bad BUTof course there is a problem usuallyahigh resistance in the loom or handbrake switch

Reply to
MARK B via CarKB.com

Hi,

I have to agree. But I've seen far worse electrics on modern systems... Have you ever seen the side indicators' wiring on a 600 Diversion ? I haven't looked further, it was enough for me. Renault Laguna Mk2 isn't that good too (I've been told they only use 1 network for all car links, from engine bay to tailgate).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

I have stripped out all the plastic between the front seats and the fault has now gone. Can't see anything that looks suspicious. The wiring around the hand brake switch looks fine and as the fault didn't come on at the same time as the hand brake switch operated I can't see how it could have been that. I will drive around as it is for a few days before putting it back together. If I find the cause I will report back.

Thanks.

Reply to
John G

Replace the switch - they only cost £6 or something.

Reply to
Nom

Reply to
John G

"John G" schreef in bericht news:dbjhb8$fed$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

I had the same problem and just replaced that simple handbrakeswitch myself. It was a job of about a half an hour and I payed 2.50 euro for it.

Reply to
Donkeyman