406 heater

Can anyone tell me why the heater on my 2001 406 hdi 90 heats up so quickly, i'm not complaining, i'm just amazed and think there must be a heater heater ? - iyswim

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Yes there is an additional heater in the circuit. Either a box of "glowplugs" in the line to the matrix, fitted just above the gearbox, or more usually a sort of three bar element in the heater box itself. It is done because the HDI engine is so efficient and takes longer to get to running temp.

Reply to
nigel

I take it my 306 with the same engine doesn't have this luxury then?

Reply to
Tom Hawley

Does this apply to diesels only, or petrol as well and are we talking cabin heat or starting heaters.

Reply to
Julian Wesson

"Julian Wesson" wrote

My question was about cabin heat ( from cold start, I get hot air in less than 1/4 mile this is before the engine temp gauge has even moved ) Thanks to nigel for confirmimg my suspicions

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

And in reply to the others, it is only fitted on HDI's and I believe the 306 and 206 have them. That's the DW range of HDI's. I have no info on the newer HDI's (1.4 1.6 2.2 )

Reply to
nigel