406 heater blower problem

Hi, I have a 406 exec turbo. About 14 months ago I had blower problems and it cost almost 200 to fix. I now have heater blower problems
again. My wife bless her stalled the car the other day and now the heater blower is blowing on high constantly. We can increase the output to max but it wont go down any further than just off max. I have had the motor out and all conections appear good. Im thinking that it could be the heater blower control module. Could I be right? I am changing my car soon and need to fix it asap. All replies gratefully received.

You are almost certainly correct. They are part of the blower motor on the Mark One version but can be changed seperately. Part number is 644178 for Valeo or 644186 for Behr (make of the blower motor and the heater assembly). For the Mark Two then it depends whether it has aircon or not. 644178 for non aircon and if it has aircon it is not available seperately. You need the motor. If you post your VIN number, the last eight will do, I can confirm the correct number for you.
Thanks for posting on this one Nigel. The control module comes off on my motor and I am curently trying to source a cheap replacement. Missed out on a few unfortunately but will keep hunting. Thanks again Les :
"Nigel" wrote