Peugeot front suspension failures

My Peugeot 406 turbo diesel 2.2 estate keeps breaking both front springs causing catastrophic damage to other suspension parts. This has happened three time and always occurs whilst the car is stationary in my garage. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Reply to
jardinejiners

Yes but only once so far!..same model same problem as yours with just one spring going in the middle of the night whilst garaged. I inspected the broken spring and the casting quality seemed third rate. Had both springs replaced on advice of reputable mechanic and no further problem ..yet!

Reply to
Ferndaletaffy

Just thought of another point. Bought my car at 115.000 miles from someone who had used the estate for towing a lightweight commercial trailer on about 80.000 miles of motorway driving (trailer much lighter than a medium sized caravan) Front end suspensions (shocks/springs etc) take a bit of a hammering during braking when towing. I don't tow and haven't had any problems since new springs fitted. Caravan owners might hasvr done tho

Reply to
Ferndaletaffy