406 immobiliser problem

Mechanic friend of mine entered wrong code into the keypad 3 or 4 times, cannot get car started now, have tried tips like remove shunt fuse, disconnect battery and even leave drivers door open for an hour. this has been going on for a week now and i'm pulling my hair out, has anyone got any ideas what i can do???

Reply to
mikecole

Call service...

Reply to
Vanja

"Leave drivers door open"!??????

Reply to
Greg the leg

Long shot here but from my Xantia manual:-

"After three attempts the keypad operation will be blocked. To free the keypad switch on the ignition and wait 1 minute. Switch off the ignition and wait a further 30 minutes for the keypad to be released. A further attempt at entering the security code may be made."

Reading a bit further I come across this

First Programme of the Code

Ignition on enter 1111 press key C enter your personal 4 figure code press C to validate

Try going to Google Groups and doing an advanced group search on this group and the alt.autos.citroen group for "immobiliser" or "code"

Reply to
malc