406 keypad problem

Hi

I own a 406 with the old keypad immobiliser system.

I tried starting my car yesterday with my usual code but no joy, the red light would stay on as well as the green.

Tried wrong number but it would not beep to inform me of the wrong code.

Called AA and they tried all (2) options they could from the database of faults they had listed on PC.

Disconnected battery and keypad ---- No joy after reconnecting.

Doors shut for 4 minutes open drivers door leave 90 secs try code ---- No joy again.

Anybody experience a similar problem if so how did you resolve it please.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Haynes

Once you have the car running, disconnect the keypad (whilst the engine is on). The immobiliser will then remain in the OFF state, and you no longer need to use the keypad (until you reconnect it).

Reply to
Nom