Re: 206 Hdi

don't buy another Peugeot

I have a 206 2 litre Hdi that has recently developed an annoying misfire at low > throttle settings such as in traffic. The car starts very rough from cold but > the problem seems to reduce as the engine reaches normal running temperature > although still noticeable. Any ideas? Bee.
Reply to
Cedric

er not the stepper as it's a diesel! doh! poor starting is a symptom of worn out glow plugs. What's the mileage? Maybe some injector cleaner might help.

Simon

Reply to
SimonDS

er not the stepper as it's a diesel! doh! poor starting is a symptom of worn out glow plugs. What's the mileage? Maybe some injector cleaner might help.

Simon

Reply to
SimonDS

Starts very readily, sometimes a bit rough for a few seconds. Only 14000 miles. Bee

Reply to
Creekworm

Hello,

Mmm, glow plugs are not that used on HDis - they're fit, but aren't used at all, excepted on extreme conditions, like a cold start at 10°F. Probably a faulty sensor (it would need a diag box session to confirm). I wouldn't play with injector cleaner @ a so low mileage. And I don't know if it suits a Common Rail injector.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Thanks GT, As it happens, before your posting arrived I had already sloshed a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank. The result was dramatic, the misfire dissappeared almost immediatly and the car seems to go better than new! I just hope that your doubts are proved wrong. I must admit I had some qualms, but it said 'all diesel engines' on the bottle. I didn't really believe that such a small amount of gumbo could have much effect when diluted down in about 10 gallons of fuel. So far I have only driven around a 100 or so miles since apllying the treatment so fingers crossed. Bee

Reply to
Creekworm