406 Wiring info

Hello.

Is there a power take off at 12volts I can use to switch a relay that would only be live with a running engine?

Andy

Reply to
dreadly

The nearest thing which comes to mind is the fuel pump power feed.

John

Reply to
johntyers

and the coil feed :-)

Reply to
mindwipe

"" wrote: > Hello. > > Is there a power take off at 12volts I can use to switch a > relay that > would only be live with a running engine? > > Andy

Hi, fuel pump power feed and coils supply would always be on with ign I think. Depending on year and model there is a supply from alternator or ECU. This should give an indication of engine running. It is intended to close a relay for a/c operation. ie no pump clutch engaged on a stopped engine. If you have a/c take supply from activated a/c relay supply. If you dont have a/c, use supply to feed the new relay coil, with the other side of coil to ground. T.

Reply to
Tonyh