407 Indicator stalk

I don't know if i am just unlucky or is it me. After 3 months ownership of my 407 from new, the left stalk that controls the indicators and lights broke. The bit on the end that controls the lights fell off.

This was replaced under the warranty. Now, a year later, the same thing has happened again. The stalks on the 407 are the same as those on other modern Peugeots, and indeed Citroens. A friend's Picasso has exactly the same design. So is this a common problem? Is there a design weakness? Or is it me? Or am I just unlucky?

This is the only problem I have ever had with the 407, which has now covered 13000 miles. I have never had a problem like this with any other car I have owned.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Dixon