500 quid for service and cam belt

can any one give me an idea if 500 quid is a good price for a cam bel

and a 80,000 mile service. it is with a peugeot dealer, sounds good t me but i'm not sure. also can you give me an idea if brakes are included in this service forgot to ask the dealer) many thank

-- richard

----------------------------------------------------------------------- richardB's Profile:

this thread:

richardB

forgot to mention it's for a 2ltr 406 estat

-- richard

----------------------------------------------------------------------- richardB's Profile:

this thread:

richardB

I had the cam belt changed ( for my 306GLD) at 72 000 miles and this alone cost me £175 at a Peugeot dealer: heart breaking to spend that on something that does not improve the functionality, just peace of mind. I would think £380 is enough to pay max for what you had providing you had nothing drastically wrong.

Alan

Reply to
Swinners

Depends where you live. I think I'm right that Peugeot dealers quote all these things on book time for the job, so the variable is the labour rate. For my 405 TD estate I was quoted a cam belt change at something like £120 in Cornwall and £300 in London and that was a couple of years ago. In the end an garage in Devon did it for £60 while I watched and learned.

richardB wrote:

Reply to
Wichita

Just been quoted £99+VAT to change the belt on my 205.

Nick

Reply to
Nick