HELP!! Radio doesnt work!

I changed my original Peugeot 306 clarion radio for a sony cd player.

am now selling the peugeot so went to put the old radio in but couldn find it! I then bought another original 306 radio from ebay, and when it go here I plugged it in and it asked for a code - stupid me entered in m OLD code for my old radio which was obviously wrong and now all i ge on the display is -- -- -- and nothing works. I have tried taking it out and leaving it for a while and putting i back in and ive also tried disconnecting the battery but it still ha the -- on the display. Any ideas how to fix this?? Thank

-- sarahl

----------------------------------------------------------------------- sarahld's Profile:

this thread:

sarahld

If you got the radio without the code you might as well chuck it out. You could ask the seller for the code - worth a try - but I don't know of any other options - maybe ask the manufacturer - provide the serial number - but if the radio is listed as stolen you may find yourself surrounded by police asking you to come out with your hands up - lie on the ground......

Reply to
Ken

Assuming you have the code, just drive the car with the --- on for about half an hour and then it will reallow code input. HTH

Reply to
Oli

My local peugeot garage were more than willing to give me the code for my radio once I had confirmed it's serial number! Just rang them up and asked. Very nice.....

Reply to
Oli