Adjusting Clutch pedal height

Hello all

I have recently purchased a 206 XSi 1.6.

The clutch pedal when at rest is higher than the footrest which is causing me to catch my foot under the lip of the clutch pedal when I move my left foot across.

Does anyone know how I would go about lowering the clutch pedal height?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Cowans

Check your cable you can ajust it so it will be higher or lower.

Reply to
Chrs

Hello Chris

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please explain where and how I need to adjust the cable?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Cowans

Gear box end should be a juster nut if you do it up the pedal gos up and if you undo it the pedal gos down .if it is self ajuster your find that at the top of the pedal you will have to remove the padding above the pedals,

Reply to
Chrs

Hello Chris

Thanks for the reply.

This is starting to sound too difficult for me to do, is it a difficult job?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Cowans

No very easy todo.just follow the cable from the bulk head to the gear box and u should find the ajuster.but if it is not there dont worry some has not nicked it ,have a look under the dash by the pedals.where they are all on a shaft, on the top of the clutch one there is a plastic bit which you can pull back and it will ajust the cable if it needs it.

Reply to
Chrs

If the cable has an auto-adjuster in it, then you might well not have the adjustment at the end above the gearbox.

Reply to
Brian

Hello

I followed the cable to the gearbox and there is a small black plastic nut at the end, is this the adjuster you mean?

Sorry for being a pain but I want to make sure I am doing this right.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Cowans

If the cable gos through it yes.and there is a thread which gos through the black plastic nut.if you turn it anti-clockwise that brings the pedal down, and if you go the other way that puts the pedal up.

Reply to
Chrs

Hi Chrs,

Looking to adjust the clutch pedal height in my '99 106 - cable is self adjusting. Can you explain the below in a little more detail please so I can see if I can adjust the pedal height this way?

"they are all on a shaft, on the top of the clutch one there is a plastic bit which you can pull back and it will ajust the cable if it needs it. "

Cheers!

Al.

Reply to
alex