206 clutch pedal fights back

I have an X reg 206 1.6 GXL. When I depress the clutch fully to change gear, the pedal sometimes makes a 'wiggly' movement under my foot. It feels as if the pedal moves sideways a centimeter or so, and also pushes back up towards me a little. Its most disconcerting! Seems to be most noticable when putting it out of gear to park.

Could this be engine mounting problems? It only has 22000 miles.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Addison