Airbags gone off.....

My father in law mounted a kerb in his 307 XSi, at less than 10mph. All the airbags his side have gone off. Peugeot said "Oh they can be a bit sensitive" and suggested he made an insurance claim. They have been great, booking the car in for him, and giving him a courtesty car. But ... should this have happened? I would have thought there was a warranty claim here......

Any thoughts?

Bonjour, I don't know what the British law states concerning car safety. In France we have a safety office (Service des mines) which compare with the German TUV. In the case you describe, looking like jeopardizing safety, you could have complain to this safety office. Why not do the same, if possible in the UK? Good luck with your crazy ballons! "r" a écrit dans le message de news:bs984m$nrn$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Tchorny

Hello,

Now called DRIRE (Direction Régionale de l'Industrie, de la Recherche et de l'Environnement).

That's possible I guess, but indeed I just want to add that, on some situations (as the situation described above) the car's behaviour can give a wrong "feeling" to sensors, this causing airbags to come off.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T