Aircon maintenance - how often?

I've read that it's a good idea to look after your air conditioning system to prevent expensive problems later. Does anybody know how often the system should be serviced on a 307?

Androo

Reply to
Androo

"look after" means use it on a very regular basis, preferably all the time.

Lack of use causes both the seals to dry out (letting all your gas escape) and the compressor to slowly die (the lubricant for the system is carried within the gas, so it needs constant circulation).

It doesn't need servicing until it stops blowing cold air - and even then, it just needs a regas. Should last a few years between fillups.

Reply to
Nom

every 2 years .peugeot spec

Reply to
MARK BANKS via CarKB.com

"To Soon we get Old,Too late we get Smart!"

Reply to
Seafarer

yes... use it on a regular basis of course so seals don't dry out etc.. BUT like i said peugeot air- con service intervals are 2 YEARS

Reply to
MARK B via CarKB.com

You will often hear it said that you should operate yoru a/c system regularly so as to extend seal, and therefore, gas life.

But who wants to have a/c in the winter? Well here is something I discovered: occasionally your windscreen fogs up inside. What is the fastest way to de-fog?

Operate your de-mister on max heat? Wrong!

Do this, but also turn on the a/c. One of the things the a/c system does is remove water from the air - makes even cold air an efficient dryer, warm air even better.

So use the a/c when you need to de-fog and you will achieve the ideal of operating yoru a/c occasionally during the winter. and you might save your life by avoiding a collision as well!

Reply to
Ken

well said ken!!! thats right a/c system removes moisture in the air ,also has been proven scientifically that it helps drivers to be more alert .all the best mark

Reply to
MARK B via CarKB.com