Anyone ordered at GSF's outside the UK ?

Hi folks,

I've just ordered a part at German, Swedish & French, paid the bill (part £9*, shipping £5, doh), now it's a bit too late for the silly question, but : has anyone ever ordered (or bought in-shop) at GSF, were you happy with that ?

  • The part I need is a winscreen washer pump, mine's packed in... The only price I found in France was over 30EUR (£20). Not feeling like going to Pug or a scrapyard, and the stores are all closed when I'm back from work.

Cheers,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

yes i have, and very happy with the service from them and they are very helpfull.

Reply to
Chrs

My man with a spanner uses them and reckons they are very good.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Hi GT,

Yes, I have both ordered from them and bought in-shop from them, and they are usually quite friendly and helpful. They have shipped parts between stores across the country so that I can collect with no extra charge to me, and at relatively short notice. I don't have any qualms about going back to them.

Good luck!

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Hi,

For the feedback : I went to the post office today to pick the parcel, fit the pump... still no joy. At this moment I have a call of my usual (not local anymore as I moved over

180 miles away) mechanic which had a problem with his PC's screen - won't explain further here - I tell him about my problem, he tells me "come on, it won't be the pump on these ones, usually the commodo, give it a squirt of contact cleaner, may work, else go for a new commodo". That was the commodo. A few squirts of WD40 did the trick. I fitted the new pump anyway. Now it works. I feel a bit angry because of my wrong diagnostic (which I checked and saw wrong today when using a probe bulb instead of the voltmeter).

For archives : on automotive electrics, for such jobs, prefer the "test lamp" you can build with a 12V/21W and a couple of wires.

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

that has been round many years ( test lamp)

Reply to
Chrs

Hi,

Yes, and one of the (if not the) most cheap & reliable tools ever I already knew... But with my industrial electrics / electronics engineering background, I "naturally" took my voltmeter, and although not totally trusting it, it was far good enough to tell me 0 or 12V. As the symptoms were close to a worn pump, considering it was 14 years old (like the car indeed)... It doesn't matter, it's gone now. Now I'll see if the GSF pump is as reliable as the Seim Pug fit at they factory, long long years ago.

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

as long as it works and puts water on the screen thats the main thing.

Reply to
Chrs

Hi,

I had to drive during a couple of weeks without, and that's not the good season for... I have to say it's somewhat comfort :-) I omit the fact you can fail your MOT for that, mine is due within 18 months ;-)

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T