Anyone ever ordered from Swedish Volvo Parts?

Just wondering since I checked the site this afternoon to price some engine mounts and got back just ridiculously low prices. The dealership quoted me over $230CAD for the right-hand mount and this site has it for about nine bucks!

83&make=VO&model$0-T-001&category=A&&part=Engine+Mount I know the dealiership is a ripoff but this indicates to me that the webvendor Might not be aware that the Turbo takes a different engine mount than other 240s. The part appears to be new. I know there have been nasty things said about ScanTech bushings but a prce difference of $220 is huge!

I don't want to get the wrong thing and I have to rely on the seller to give me the right thing since I don't know what it looks like.

If you've had success with these guys please let me know so I can place an order.

Thanks, blurp ps. other things arts compared on the site were about half the dealership price.

Reply to
blurp

83&make=VO&model$0-T-001&category=A&&part=Engine+Mount>

You really need to stop going to that dealer. Either they're incompetent, or they're trying to scare you away. Even the fanciest hydraulic mounts aren't $230!

The right mount on the 240 Turbo is different from the normal 240 only in that it is more heat resistant. It is just a plain rubber mount, I would expect to pay from $10 (if you have a friend in the parts business) up to $40(at the dealer). Keep in mind that website is quoting you in $US.

Reply to
Mike F

HAHAHA! That is plain insanity! I haven't had much to do with the dealer and I usually call them just to get a baseline price to compare against. While I have always known that the dealership was overcharging for parts this is beyond ridiculous! Now I need to call them back to double-check that the deskboy who was quoting me wasn't huffing solvents in the back room.

It made some sense that the turbo mount would be a bit more pricey but this difference is simply astronomical. I was really thinking that the website had to be wrong because I couldn't imagine any organization being so brazen as to crank up margins thousands of times over on such a simple product.

Maybe they thought I was calling from the Pentagon.

blurp

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:38:31 -0500, the illustrious Mike F favored us with the following prose:

83&make=VO&model$0-T-001&category=A&&part=Engine+Mount>>

Reply to
blurp

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:43:41 -0500, the illustrious blurp favored us with the following prose:

83&make=VO&model$0-T-001&category=A&&part=Engine+Mount>>>

Just for a laugh I called another dealer to get their price (they should all be the same, right?) and they quoted me a much more reasonable price: $92.17 each, only TEN TIMES MORE than the price online.

In the off chance that the online dealers consider all 240 engine mounts to be the same, how significant is it really if they sell me the standard mount instead of the turbo? Will they dissolve in a week?

thanks, blurp

Reply to
blurp

When I had to replace the blower motor in our 85 765T Volvo wanted $150 US for the blower, and noted I would have to do some metal work to make it fit! I got a blower for a Cavalier (IIRC) for something like $40 US and it fit perfectly. Hmm....

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Swedishpartswholesale looks like another front for Wordlpac

They're legit, they supply a lot of independent repair shops and there has been a proliferation of websites fronting their database; all the same stuff.

PS

83&make=VO&model$0-T-001&category=A&&part=Engine+Mount>

Reply to
PS

I bought one for less than $20 locally, it's a standard AC/Delco part, there's a fair number of GM components in a 700.

Reply to
James Sweet

I can't imagine you'll ever have heat related problems with a non-turbo mount. Remember that this mount would be designed with the worse possible conditions in mind, conditions that we won't see in our climate.

Reply to
Mike F

83&make=VO&model$0-T-001&category=A&&part=Engine+Mount> >

The WP site doesn't offer the turbo right side mount. Only right and left mounts for non turbo and left for the turbo (same as non turbo). The shop price is still less than the nine bucks you quoted. Volvo published dealer list for 241111 lh mount, US$31.96; 241110 RH mount, US$31.96.

Authorized Volvo dealers are not obligated to resell parts according to the published prices. The dealership agreement allows them to operate as independent entities, albeit licensed to use Volvo trademarks, logos etc. in their day to day business operations. The agreement does require that dealers use genuine Volvo parts in all warranty repairs, and brings subtle pressures on the parts department to stock only Volvo parts (with considerably slimmer margins) for general customer repairs.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Dietz

I paid $15 plus ship for all of the mounts. The bushings may be of a bit lower quality, but who cares, for that cheap, Ill change them when they are done lasting 75% as long as a stock one...which shoud be awhile.

oh, by the way, i just came across this list. how rude of me to butt in. I have an 1987 240 wagon and a 1984 240 diesel. the diesel is about to fall apart. anyway, hi!

Erik

Reply to
/////////

Scan Tech are inferior parts, which are false economy. I had used a couple of Scan Tech bits that failed early, such as a rad hose, and I ended up going back to OEM. Factor in the labour/time to do the job twice, and I would have been better off using OEM in the first place. The parts place itself, I have no experience with. But I will never use Scan Tech again

RS

Reply to
Rusty

Hi Erik

You're not rude at all, the more the merrier!

blurp

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:59:40 GMT, the illustrious "/////////" favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp

You should care as the vibrations to your car as it gets older will end up costing you more in the long run? Cheap bushings are not not worth the savings. They will make the ride rougher and will take its toll on another components, prior to the time another part should fail. But hey, it's your money, all I'm saying is spend it wisely. The car likely oews you nothing? Treat it well as it'll keep giving you reliable transportation.

Dan

1987 240DL approaching 200,00klms in storage now 1988 245 DL daily driver at 240,000 klms most reliable runner I have ever kept past four years. 1991 Buick Park Avenue- now that's a piece of junk!!! But hey wife wanted a faster daily runner- window has leak that we can not seem to stop? hard starting now after cold start and short use it takes several tries of the starter to get engine to catch. Has new plugs, wires, 6 pack coil, probably hard for an average Technician to diagnose, and will still charge for checking it out. Does anyone know a GM man who is the ultimate trouble shooter in The Greater Toronto Area (Canada) Wife does not want to drive the 87 DL anymore? Maybe I can get someone to knock some sense in to her LOL If it was only that easy, she has an immage with people at work and that buick seems to provide it, I guess. I could care less what people think of my 88 wagon, even has three different colours in the replaced body parts, LOL what a hoot.
Reply to
daniel