Brake fluid and TU or XU

Picked up a cheap 309 and after having all the brakes done I need to get some brake fluid. The type seems to vary depending on whether you have TU or XU engine. How do I tell which it is? (UK)

Reply to
Cullen Skink

With brake fluid you can put dot 5 in instead of dot 4 as it is a higher spec, shouldn't go down though.

Paul

Reply to
Major Tom

Use .5 should do the trick.

Reply to
Chris

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Reply to
Cullen Skink

Couldn't find any .5 so phoned a Peugeot dealer who looked it up and said .3 or .4 so went with .4 given the comments about going higher rather than lower.

Reply to
Cullen Skink