Peugeot 406 2.1 Diesel Anciliary Belt Tensioner

Has anyone changed the anciliary belt tensioner on a 406 2.1 diesel with aircon, mine looks buggered and I'm just wondering if it's worth trying to chenge myself.

MT

Reply to
majortomgb

I did about a year ago and from memory you have to remove the alternator and undo the a/c compressor mounts and move it out of the way a bit. I had the radiator removed already, so I can't say whether you'll have enough room, but if in doubt remove it because it's easily damaged and not cheap. That leads us to another problem because the radiator hoses can be hard to get out, especially the bottom one. Remove the clip, spray it plenty with CRC, in where the clip goes, and carefully lever the metal end of the hose out of the plastic radiator with a tool such as a brake adjuster. Be extra careful if using a screwdriver

-- rogerlaredo

View this thread:

Send from

rogerlaredo

Are you sure it's the tensioner? My crankshaft pully has just collapsed (406

2.o HDI), apparantly a common fault... but fairly easy to replace!
Reply to
Weekender