Brakes

Hi, HELP NEEDED. I have a 307 model and my question is how often should one change tires and the front brakes + disks? I was in the garage today and they have changed me the front brakes (I
have 38000 kilometers only) Is that common ? I do not drive the car in some extreme way just the common driver :-) I spoke to one of mine friends and he told me that he had changed the brakes after 120000 kilometers!.
THANK YOU !!!

When they're worn out. I'm not being facetious it really is as simple as that. In a manual somewhere will be the minimum pad and disk thicknesses and the government will have legislated on tyre wear.
--
Malc

Thank You,
My 406 estate has done 72 000 miles on the original rear shoes and drums without measurable wear. Front disks and pads were changed at 68 000 miles Mike

Thank You!