bulbs behind A/C controls, how to replace ? 406

Hi again , I posted this a few days ago and a couple of guys suggested prying out the panel with a screwdriver...........

" The bulb/s have gone behind the led display on my Digital Climate Control , can anybody help by telling me how to remove the panel so I can get to the bulbs to replace them , my local Peugeot dealer was a waste of time , said "you'll have to book it in" . Car is a 97 406 GLX diesel est ."

...............I tried with a wide flat screwdriver but the panel didn't want to budge , it sounded like it was going to break !!. Are you sure there aren't any screws or clips that have to be released or am I just not prying hard enough ? ;) .

T.I.A. Ron

Reply to
Ron

Hi Ron

DON'T PRY IN OUT!! Its held in place with 4 screws, 2 top and 2 at the bottom. You have to remove the radio to get access to the lower 2. For the top, remove the radio display and the blank plate to the left of switches. The radio display sometimes prises out but on mine the bezel started to come off, so I had to remove the vents above, this allows you to get your hand behind the radio display and push it out.

Hope this helps Dougie

Reply to
Dougie

Many appologies Ron, I was thinking of the radio display, not the climate control. For this, you have to remove the radio display (by prising it out!), then the end 'half' button, behind them there's 2 screws, remove them. Then remove the radio and there's 2 screws behind there. Then the whole middle climate control section should come out easily. If I were you, doen the the amount of potch it is, I'd change all the bulbs. I did, as I was determined the lot weren't coming out again, Sorry for the original confusion, Neil

Reply to
Neil D

Thanks Neil and Dougie , I'll take another look at it tomorrow . Ron

Reply to
Ron

Don't forget to use Torx Screwdrivers, any other screwdriwers will damage the screws and you won't be able to remove the panel without damaging it.

Good luck.

"Ron" schreef in bericht news:bvme36$l23$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com...

Reply to
VTR16V