306 central locking trouble

My car doors keep on unlocking themselves overnight and i havent got a clue what it could be !!!!!! Can anyone help me before my car gets stolen

Jim

Reply to
Jimbob

Are you sure, the car unlocks itself? I mean did you really see the indicators blink a few times and the doors are getting open by themself. Or do you just find your car open in the morning?

It sounds stupid, but I had a 306 from 2001. When I parked my car and pressed the key to close the door, another car, a Opel Corsa opened and blinked its indicators a few times, when this car was parked close to my 306. Pressing the same close button again, closed the Opel Corsa. I asked the dealer about it, he said the RF electronics is for a lot of cars the same, however it is exceptional, but possible that there are 2 keys with the same frequency. So mayby somebody is opening your car, when he is closing or opening his car?? If you don't have this problem by day, when you park your car where you work and than drive home, you can be sure that it might be somebody else his key, opening your car accidentily.

"Jimbob" schreef in bericht news:_YdTb.348$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net...

Reply to
VTR16V

i had a similar problem with my dturbo, it started just doing it every now and then, then it wouldn't lock at all, turn out to be the pas. side lock was jamming and had to be replaced.

Reply to
rob-surrey

then, then it wouldn't lock at all, turn out to be the pas. side lock was jamming and had to be replaced.

Had a similar problem with a 306 Xld. In the end I traced it to intermittent wiring breaks in the driver's door harness between the chassis and the door. I managed to peel back the rubber cover enough to 'bridge' the broken wires. Apparently according to Pug dealer, it's a common problem on older (mine was 95) models. My 'fix' lastest well over a year when I traded it in for a later 306.

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff