Button on Steering Column? 306 Cabrio

I've looked through the handbook several times, but can see no sign of what this button does. From the graphic, I assume it has something to do with the alarm/immob. Can anyone tell me about it ?

TIA

David

Reply to
Newsonline

For disabling the ultrasound sensors for the alarm - allowing you to `alarm` the car whilst the roof is down or when the windows are open.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

open.

Thanks for that Jim. At the risk of seeming to be completely stupid - how exactly do I use it :) and how do I re-engage the sensors? I can't imagine why such an important feature isn't in the handbook.

Thanks again

Dave

Reply to
Newsonline

1) Ignition off - press and hold down the button until the alarm dash light is on continously 2) out of car car close door/s and use fob to engage the alarm system 3) the alarm dash light will blink as normal

The alarm defaults to full system when it is unarmed and then reset without the above procedure

.
Reply to
sid

stupid -

system

Thanks for getting back to me. That's just what I needed to know.

Best regards

Steve

Reply to
Newsonline

Apologies for not supplying the info myself - I missed your follow up. Glad you are sorted!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Thanks Jim. I think I'm as sorted as I'll ever be !

Best Steve

Reply to
Newsonline