Buying 206

Thinking of buying a 206 , haven't decided on what type of engine petrol or diesel looking at 02-04 in years

Any advice on what to look for and thoughts on the petrol or diesel

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Tony D

Well petrol for power to get away from the light.Diesel to get the M.P.G and to plod about.

Reply to
Chris

Chris, whatever are you talking about, 10 years ago this might have been true but not anymore, diesels are now performing as well as petrol cars, I have a 406 diesel, which is my first diesel car, it's power and performance is amazing, nothing would make me go back to petrol. Apart from the performance, the economy is something else, average 44 to the gallon, there isn't a 2 litre petrol car in the world that can compete with that.

Bryan

Reply to
Bystander

You have to remember that Chris is used to a 405 Turbo Diesel and on those the Turbo doesn't kick in until you reach 2000rpm. The HDI diesel on the other hand performs as well as most, and better than many, petrol engines.

Reply to
Keith W