cam belt problem

Hi,

I have a 2004, 307sw, 110HDi ,Diesel with 90K on the clock.

The cam belt snapped when going about 60mph the other day and when the car came to a stop all the coolant had also drained out at the same time. Doe this occurrence at this speed always end up in a very expensive repair? What will be broken? Cheers Lenny

Reply to
lenny

Sounds bad news,(sorry)try and fit new cam belt or turn engine over by hand first you will know then if the valves have hit the pistons,if so the valves will be bent and that means new head or just remove and have a look to see what is what.

Reply to
Chris

In message , lenny writes

Maybe the water pump failed??? And it's snapped your cam belt , the cam belt drives that and it's always best to change it when you renew your cam belt, try filling it up with water and see if it's running out of the timing cover, take the top cover off and check the rocker arms, I heard that they will bend or snap before they put a valve through a piston so maybe you might be lucky , good luck anyway

Reply to
Johno