Cambelt replacement

Been quoted 'about' £150 to change cambelt on 90 hdi (It's a Xantia but there's no useful newsgroup for thems-and the engine will be familiar to Pugs).That about the right price? DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Hi,

I'd say it's cheap, as it involves a 5hr labour. Make sure it includes the tensionners, the accessories' belt (cheap and worthes a change as it has to be removed anyway), be careful, the water pump may have to be changed too.

HTH, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Thanks, the quote is from Savoy Garage, Burnley. Sound knowledgeable. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

It's a Xantia but there's no useful newsgroup for them

Try alt.autos.citroen too, if necessary.

Reply to
androo

My news server (news.btinternet.com) does not have any groups at all for citroen. Do you have groups that I do not or did you assume it existed?

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Keith,

alt.autos.citroen certainly exists.

Grumble to your ISP or access via Google Groups

regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin