CD Players

Hi,

I want to change the radio/cassette player in my 405 to a 6 or 10 disk cd changer. I also want to keep the volume control that is on the steering. Does anyone know of a make and model of a system that can do this?

John.

Reply to
John Langfield

column, but you will also need to get an adaptor fitted to make it work.

Reply to
Mike

You can get some of the adapters for the Sony ones here:

(found via google groups)

Halfords seem to sell these as well, I had a friend buy one for his 306 with a Kenwood mp3 player. See this:

By the way, if you have a computer and CD burner, forget CD multichangers. You can get an mp3 player for a quarter of the price of a multichanger set, installation is a no brainer (unlike changers) and each CD you carry holds

10-12 albums worth, more if you downconvert. I've got about 80 CDs worth of music in my glove compartment and I don't have to pull over and get out to change the set that's playing. Much better in every respect. Instant seek to new "albums" etc, full track/disk names as well.

Fraser.

Reply to
Fraser

Hello,

Just considering the MP3 aspect of this, it isn't useful IMO to work with

320kbps CBR MP3s for car audio : not an Hi-Fi installation on a car, and too many "anoying" noise sources (road / tyres, wind, engine...). I'd stay to 192 or 224kbps VBR max. Oh, I don't listen to "big boom booms", but a lot of rock & roll, not as easy as techno to convert properly.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T