307 HDi 110 - CD Changer probs

Hi all,

I have a 2003 Diesel 110, great car and love the mpg!!

Had the car about 2 months now, and have started to have problems with the dash mounted (factory fitted) CD changer.

Basically, at total random times the CD changer just stops to function. You can't play, or eject any disks, and although you can select CD as the source, it does not do anything. This is getting really annoying, and seems to happen more often when changing from 1 disk to another. It also does not seem to make any difference if its retail original CD's or compilations I've made on the computer.

The only "fault" indication that I can see is that the buttons on the right, numbered 1-5 all flash in unison with each other. The fault does not clear if you switch off then on the radio/ignition, unless its switched off for a couple of hours/overnight.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Post replies to the NG please as the email address does not function. Thanks, John.

Reply to
John West Berks

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:51:48 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named " John West Berks" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

It could be better.

Funny you should say that. A similar thing happened to mine last night, although I didn't notice if the lights were flashing. It's 13 months old and this is the first time it's happened.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Yes, exactly those symptoms here too (blaupunkt unit), very random, the only fix seems to be leave it overnight (to cool off?) (307sw, 90,15 months old) Dealer supposed to be getting a swap out unit, that reminds me to to give 'em a ring to see where thats got to

Reply to
only_me

Yep,

Common failure on this unit, my SW (53reg) is on it's third!

Eventually all discs will get stuck in it, and the disco lighting will be contiuous.....only repair is to swap out the whole unit AFAIK.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Smith

Same problem here with a June 02 reg. Only started happening recently and damn frustrating. Skips tracks and then won't load CD's and packs up completely. As other posts it seems to fix itself after leaving off overnight but quickly re-occurs again.

Will I still be covered under Puegeot guarantee on this or not? Anyone know?

Reply to
Dave