clarion PU2294 - turn off code entering / source of manuals?

Hi there I see there are a lot of messages here about entering the code for Clarion radios. This isn't quite one of those ;-) ...

I recently bought a Clarion PU-2294 ((D), I think) as a replacement Radio/CD player for my 306. I have got the code entered fine. However the radio seems to want me to enter the code each time I turn the ignition on.

My old Blaupunkt had a way of setting it so you had to enter the code each time, or not. Can anyone tell me if the Clarion has an equivalent, and how I access it? I've come across a couple of features by holding down buttons etc., but haven't yet found the right combination to do what I want.

More generally, is there a source of (possibly downloadable?) manuals for the older Clarion radios? Their web site doesn't seem too helpful in this regard.

I may post a followup on fitting the thing properly into my '306 - do I need a new metal DIN shell, does anyone know? - but I'll leave that one for now ...

Thanks very much for any replies.

Cheers Jon N

Reply to
Jon Nicoll

Its the wiring problem....no constant feed thus the radio has no memory. Take the headunit out and you should see a red and yellow wire, connect up yellow. Yellow for constant and what you should have now is red which is ignition thus switched power.

Cheers

Jim