Entering radio code

My brother bought a 1998 MB and he has problem with entering code to stereo. Code has 5 digits and the first is 8. Radio has only 6 buttons with digits. How can he enter digit 8?

Reply to
Bogdan Gutknecht

Have him remove the radio and email the radio serial number to me, snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net and I will try to get him the correct radio code.

Reply to
Karl

Well, I understood that the owner did have the code but did not know how to enter it. Also if he does not have the code, it would be better to get it from the dealer, although those code generators appear in the internet for thieves anyway, they would not need to ask here...

Reply to
Me

I work at a MB dealership. If he has an 8 in his radio code, he clearly has the wrong code. I offered to get him the correct code. The correct code will be numbers 1 thru 6. Each number corresponds to a button, NOT how many times you press a button.

If you can get him the right code, then have it. I take back my offer.

Reply to
Karl

Don't get me wrong, your previous reply just wasn't clearly indicating that the OP would have had the wrong code. Should be a clear hint for the him/her now.

Seems we have two experts on the thread, one that is just curious about the details (me) and the original poster who doesn't seem to care about the help from the experts (no reply seen at least).

Your comment raised my curiosity again. Why does the number range need to correspond to the number of (number) buttons if the number entry is done as the other expert on the thread explained (with the frequency dial knob, and pressing the knob for each key)? Would you confirm this is the right way to enter the code?

Reply to
Me

On a MB radio, if you have a code, for example, 1 2 3 4 5... then you put it in by pressing 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5. That is it.

Reply to
Karl