clicking sound when pulling out of junctions

Hi,

I noticed something while I was changing my wishbone on the passenger side the other week which sort of startled me. I pulled the strut towards me and the driveshaft came out of the gearbox. Now, this doesnt seem much of a shock to some people but I was on the assumption that there was meant to be a circlip (bitch clip) which is meant to hold the shaft IN the gearbox. Im sure I have read this in the Haynes guide. If this is the case, if this clip isnt there cos some div has not put it back, would it cause clicking while accelerating left or right out of junctions. I feel it doing this and hear a noise but I know for sure its not the CV joints cos its had new ones on both sides. I am thinking that it could be the shaft going in and out of the box.

Hope someone can help

Cheers in advance

Scott

Reply to
scott

Mine comes out quite easy too. It can't come out when the strut is in place though. You would see the oil slick if this was the case. Not sure what your clicking problem is though. Check your bushes and ball joints.

Reply to
yeha