comparisons between 307 hatch and SW

I've just upgraded from a HDi 90 hatch to a HDi 90 SW. I've found the suspension, particularly at the rear to be much stiffer when travelling over the usual dreadful city streets, lots of bumps and clunks. Anyone else have the same experience? Road noise seems a bit worse too, although that could be down to the estate type body amplifying it. The wheelbase between the front and back wheels is longer, would this make a big difference to either of the above ?

Reply to
david quinn

sw is registered for 7 persons...so it means it can take mutch more weight than hatch

so suspension has to be stiffer...

Reply to
bRkiX

And yet I've often read that the SW has a better ride than the hatch because of the longer wheelbase and greater weight, though I don't have personal experience.

Could it be that your SW has a different wheel/tyre combination? Bigger wheels and (therefore) lower-profile tyres will make the ride worse and make more noise.

Androo

Reply to
Androo

Thanx for the suggestions, the wheels are an inch bigger with lower profile tyres right enough, and the business about load carrying makes some sense.

ta

dq

Reply to
david quinn