Computer reset

I have a 406 estate on a 52 plate. could anyone tell me how much it would cost to reset the computer at a Pug agent.

Thank you

Bryan

Reply to
Bystander

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:21:44 -0000, "Bystander"

Bryan - wouldnt just disconnecting the battery for a few seconds force a reset? Or do you mean a complete reinstall including the software and engine mapping etc? If that is the case then go and ask a main Agent.. I have no idea what is involved. Charlie+

Reply to
Charlie+

A phone call?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks Charlie. I have to disconnect the battery every time I stop because the display stays on when I remove the ignition key, when I start the engine I get every warning sign in the book and then they eventually go of. The inbuilt sat nav tells me I'm anywhere but where I am, the car runs perfectly so I am thinking the computer needs a reset. Thank you Bob I did realise that I could make a phone call but I would rather hear from Pug owners before I tackle a Pug agent.

Bryan

Reply to
Bystander