coolant level low light

Hi. Any ideas what is causing the cooloant level light to come on in a 406 LXDT.

I know it means level is low and therefore losing water but what causes are probable.

Cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete Ariss

I have had the same problem with my 406LXTD 12v for the last 2 years or so, seems to have a small leak in the bottom off-side of the Radiator somewhere. I just refill it with a little anti-freeze/water every month or two.

Must be something about this bloody model!

I know it means level is low and therefore losing water but what causes are probable.

Cheers, Pete

Reply to
Nik&Andy

hi you have not given much details about whats going on and what you have all ready checked...so be sure you got leak and its not just the sensor gone look for any visable leaks under car check or have checked out hose clips...pipes including heater/radiator and core plugs and when hot check expansion tank cap as it may be lifting to soon and allowing water to excape it could all so be leak on the head gasket..to check undo oil filler and look for any white deposits around cap and then check around engine for leaks..do this first with engine cold then hot run car to normal running temp this is because water system is pressurised type and leak may not show when cold(if this the case do not drive car untill repaired as can do a lot more damage to engine)

Reply to
blackknight