Creaking Noises from 307

I have a 307 which is giving creaking noises from the rear on one side. It is worse in the morning when setting off for a few miles and gradually seems to get less during driving. The dealers have changed a door striker and one of the suspension parts but I still cant work out where it is coming from. I have ruled out: Spare wheel and tyre Boot floor Seatbelts Seat backs I personally think it is suspension related - especially as it seems worse when cold and improves over time - almost like it is loosening up. Any ideas? Has anyone any ideas or had any other problems with the rear suspension that sound similar? Or has anyone else had a rear door striker changed to fix a noise? It is driving me up the wall and the dealership has no other ideas. Thanks in advance

Reply to
HDIdriver
307cc 2 months old - same symptoms = F/N/S anti roll bar bush (noise did come from the rear!) - identified by dealer and replaced under warranty - problem solved :-)
Reply to
jel183(UK)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly I had the anti roll bar fix done to the front a while ago. Are there anti-roll bars on the rear too? What do you mean by F/N/S? Anyone else got any other ideas?

Reply to
HDIdriver

F/N/S = Front Near Side.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

Mine was doing that too. I told the dealer it was coming from the nearside rear door, which is what it sounded like, but they traced it to the hatchback closing mechanism (whatever you call it) and adjusting that has cured it. Now, I wonder what that crunching sound from the rear suspension is when I go over speed bumps...

Androo

Reply to
Androo

Thanks. I must admit I don't think they have looked at the rear hatch closer, and its not something I have thought to check. I personally think the 307 suspension is very noisy generally but dont know whether it is just my car or whether they are all the same.

Reply to
HDIdriver

The usual cause of creaking is from the doors. The aperture seals dry out and slight movement of the doors when going over bumps or round bends makes a creak. Push the door when it is closed and see if there is any movement inward and if there is adjust the striker inward to tighten the door on the seal. Don't go too far with this as there will be a gap beween the door and the wing. The the seals can be lubricated. There are solutions on the market for this, OR you can use what I did the other day--furniture polish! Sprayed it on the seals on all four doors and the tailgate, leave it for 15 minutes to soak in, then wipe off. I also put a small amount on the striker and the lock. Worked for me.

Reply to
Nigel

Mine has very noisy rear suspension, like a van. The ones they've loaned while it's being repaired have been just the same.

androo

Reply to
Androo

Happens also to me, it's probably the top of the suspension that hits the plastic of the car. The solution is maybe to put some smaller screw on top in stead of the original one.

"HDIdriver" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Reply to
Paul