Creaking 307 suspension

i've just got a 51 plate 307 rapier and noticed when driving slowly over bumps manouvering more so with full lock steering on theres an annoying creaking coming from the front somewhere,anyone had this?

Reply to
Ady

I've got a 1.6 rapier 52 plate 5 door. I had the same problem, took the car to the dealer and they replace a drop-link on the suspension. This seems to have fixed the problem. Hope this helps.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

thx for that,now booked mine in for com2000 indicator stalk replacement,creaking suspension and engine plastic undercover loose and constantly rattling.

Reply to
Ady

Hi ADY...

Yep it sounds like a common fault with 307...i have a 51 plate and had the same happen to me..at first the dealer couldn't find the fault...no change there then !!!! but after constantly taking it back they came up with the same answer as Chris..but they also changed other things on the suspension too..so get them to have a very close look at all of it..

Oh and i have also had my indicator stalk changed !!! Also the gearbox...2 clutches...exhaust brackets at the rear...exhaust manifold...spark plugs, as mine pinks all the time under load...and door seals replaced (with the wrong ones at first, which i pointed out to them) And the 307 i had before this one (It was changed due to a very poor quality car) The instruments on the dash packed up

So good luck...keep taking it back until you are happy (Which you will never be with a 307)

Reply to
Dave

ignore my last post, it was for another thread about a 307 with 'problems'

Reply to
SimonDS