Dash access

Hi all

What is the best method to access the front passenger-door wiring loom (behind the dash) on a '98 306?

I ask, because I've discovered that one of the speaker cable terminals (just one, tested the other OK with a cable-tester) has become disconnected/broken between the loom socket and the head-unit (very annoying!), and I'd like to attempt to reconnect it, before going the expensive route and venturing to a dealer.

Any help and advice very much appreciated.

TIA

-- sA

Reply to
southpawArcher

Check the wires directly at the connector to the door first. There they rub and break quite easily.

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Tobias Meyer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bf-vln.de:

Thanks. How do I get to this on the dashboard side? The break is between the loom socket on the chassis (not the door) and the head-unit plug.

How can I check the cables? Can the socket be removed for inspection easily, and how I would I do that?

-- sA

Reply to
southpawArcher