Do I have a gear problem? 307 1.4s (90) 2003

Hi,

I have just recently purchased second hand a 307 1.4s (90) 2003. I am not sure if I have a problem as I have never driven a Peugeot before. I have noticed that the gear 1 & 2 are quite clunky to get into but 3, 4 & 5 are nice a smooth and slide in without any force.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul Lambert

In message , Paul Lambert joss stops reading and ponders a while before scribbling this reply

Welcome to the world of Pug ownership. My 306 does the same. However when its warmed up all seems well. Strange I know. Keep your gear linkages lubed up.

Reply to
jossmer

Thanks Joss,

My brother in law is a mechanic and I asked him for his opinion and he said exactly the same thing about his Mums Ford Focus and said the same could apply to my car.

I feel better now and am more confident nothing is wrong with the car.

Regards Paul

Reply to
Paul Lambert