Sticky 1st gear

Hello all, I found an 89 Chevy 2500 4x4, I beleive it has a 700 tranny (I havent looked yet to make sure), however just recently 1st gear has been a bear.. From a take off 1st has started shifting at 30mph. 2nd at

45-50 and so on. The shifts after 1st are smooth and easy, its 1st thats the problem. I checked the fluid level and vaccuum lines and everything is good there. Like I said this problem started suddenly. Any thoughts, help or advice?? All is appreciated..
Reply to
chris

Adjust the kickdown cable or what they may call the throtle cable

Reply to
Jeff