FAULT ON 307HDI

PURCHASED 307 HDI ONLY 18 MTHS.OLD.WHILST DRIVING BETWEEN 55-70MPH SEEM TO GET A NOISE THAT GOES TO YOUR EARS LIKE BEING IN AN AIRCRAFT COMING INTO LAND.IT SEEMS TO ONLY HAPPEN IN 5TH GEAR THE SOUND IS LIKE A BOOMING SOUND :(

Reply to
ascotwill

I have exactly the same problem on a similar model of the same age - see earlier thread "307 droning".

Cheers

Reply to
Nick (UK)

"ascotwill" wrote: > PURCHASED 307 HDI ONLY 18 MTHS.OLD.WHILST DRIVING BETWEEN > 55-70MPH SEEM TO GET A NOISE THAT GOES TO YOUR EARS LIKE BEING > IN AN AIRCRAFT COMING INTO LAND.IT SEEMS TO ONLY HAPPEN IN 5TH > GEAR THE SOUND IS LIKE A BOOMING SOUND :(

307 DRIVERS HAD THIS PROBLEM. THE FAULT LIES WITH THE BACK WINDOW,IF YOU HAVE JUST YOUR BACK OFFSIDE WIDE OPEN AND TRAVEL ON MOTORWAYDOING BETWEEN 55-70MPHYOU WILL EXPERIENCE A LOUD BOOMING NOISE TO SOLVE PROBLEM EITHER OPEN DRIVERS WINDOW OR LIKE I AM DOING BUT AM AWAITING PART PUT A WIND DEFLECTOR ON WINDOW.ILL LET YOU KNOW WHETHER THIS TAKES AWAY THE PROBLEM B:)
Reply to
ascotwill

This happens with all cars.....not only Peugeot 307....I am surprised this is the first time that you have encountered this!!

Reply to
Matthew

Hi,

I do agree. That's a classic of aerodynamics. I have the same behaviour with my 205 :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Not the same problem as mine then...it does it with all the windows shut.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

Steve,to tell you the truth no i have?nt and i?ve been driving 30 yrs now .yes you do get drag and a noise of pressure but on the 307 it is horrendous and the technical guy who looked at the car in the garage where i purchased could?nt say he had heard anything like it and complained of his ears .Anyway maybe i have never let the kids open the windows right down,my 2yr makes it first job before you even can get in car yourself. :lol:

Reply to
ascotwill

I haven't opened my car windows in years - surely AirCon is standard on an

18 month old 307 ?
Reply to
Nom

Hi,

I guess I'd look for a "parasite" air intake. Have a look at all seals, try to flow loads of water all along the car. Hint : first series of 307 were known to have such a problem with windshield, this causing the BSI to be sunk (and many problems then). The tailgate upper ass'y may well be another way to go.

Please note I just write it as I feel, with nor experience nor certitude.

HTH,

Reply to
G.T

the noise is bad but the pressure in the ears is awfull! It happens on my

307SW but this also happened on my 306 station wagon! It looks like the airflow goes somewhere between the seatbelt and the window frame and makes this nasty whop-whop noises and pressure in the ears. And the faster you go the worse it gets.

"Nom" escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com...

Reply to
Jean-Jacques Pardete

I looked at the BMW website, a £19k 1 series has air con as a £600+ option!

Reply to
Mr Benny

Yeah but that's always been BMW's way, class standard features as extra's e.g. cigarette lighter, wheels, glovebox torch.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Which windows do you have open, if any?

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

It's horrendous in the 307, not so much wind noise, but a deep low frequency boom, you can really feel it deep in your ears. Never heard anything like it in any other car I've owned.

Can normally get rid of it by changing the position of some of the windows up or down a bit, bit of a balancing act.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead