Headlamp warning sound doesn't buzz

I have a 1997 306 2.0 Xsi. Recently the headlight warning sound (buzzes when you leave the headlights on when you turn the ignition off and leave the car) stopped working. I have checked all the fuses and all earth wires seem ok.

Has anybody else had this problem, and if so how did you fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
the.ijk

Does the interior light come on when you open the door?

Reply to
Phil Cook

Reply to
the.ijk

i know you probably already checked this but just in case, i had the same problem and it turmed out to be because a brake light was out, so are all your bulbs working?

Reply to
lee405 via CarKB.com

Hi,

I will re-check the brake lights and get back with the result. Thanks.

Reply to
the.ijk

Brake lights work ok.

Reply to
the.ijk

oh well worth a shot, and there are no other bulbs out so god knows unless there is a loose connection somewhere.

Reply to
lee405 via CarKB.com

Reply to
the.ijk

i know what you mean i'm at work in Shirley Solihull at min and we've had storms this mornining, i need to get the header tank in my car to sort out my fuel gauge but with all this rain not had the chance to do it.

Reply to
lee405 via CarKB.com

How about checking the buzzer? or is this too much like lateral thinking?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks for the answer. No thanks for the sarcasm.

Reply to
the.ijk

In case somebody was following this thread, I replaced the lights on warning buzzer relay and all works fine now. The relay can only be purchased from a peugeot dealer - cost £33.50.

Reply to
the.ijk