Leaking boot - 2000 406

The boot of my 2000 406 is leaking - can't think of an obvious route in for the water other than the rear light clusters. Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of seal between the cluster and the bodywork, and if so is it replaceable?

Reply to
Petert

There have been posts on here in the past, usually referring to estate cars, and I seem to remember the water was reckoned to get in via the tail lights. I wonder if they can be removed and refitted with some silicone sealant around the flange. The only downside would be if it interfered with the earthing, but that can be overcome easily enough with a length of cable.

Reply to
Keith W

Chris. If you were to tell the O P what the group told you, I'm sure he would find it very helpful too.

Bryan

Reply to
Bystander

Yes tell me about it . it happened to me on my 405 went out one day and the boot was wet took me time to find the problem but i came on here and lots of ppl told me where to look. this site is very very helpful dont know what i would do with out it.

Reply to
Chris

Had to remove the light fittings then put silicon greese round the rubber and then refit the unit,and it stopped the water getting in.

Reply to
Chris