xantia HDI 110 power loss / won't rev

I have a '99 Xantia HDI 110 with a problem.

The car starts and runs normally with no fault lights at any time. If driven quite moderately the fault never occurs , but , if the engine is used hard or has to rev over 3000 rpm or so for more than a very short time the fault occurs. The engine will run ok upto about 2000 rpm but then feels like there is a limiter on it. It will rev over this if given time ,but is very slow to increase revs.

If the engine is turned off then on again the fault is cleared and the car drives normally.

I was wondering if the service indicator has anything to do with this as a sort of safeguard for a car that has gone over the service interval. The service indicator was at zero when I bought the car , and , due to this group I discovered how to reset it ! Haven't driven it since then though.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
HDI

First thing to try with any computer controlled item is a reboot. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes, and reconnect. See if that cures it. Otherwise it will require looking at properly by someone with diagnostic kit.

Reply to
Brian

Thanx for yr reply.

Already tried battery disconnection , no joy.

I was hoping some1 on here may have had a similiar problem and could point me in the right direction.

Reply to
HDI

Yes I had this on a Berlingo 5 years ago, engine warning light, won't reve above 2500 ish rpm and very little power.

Took it to a Citroen dealer who diagnosed it as both EGR Valve and Accelerator potentiometer faliure, luckily was under warranty.

Hope that helps

Reply to
Peter Harris