406 Engine immobiliser problem?

Hi all,

I've got a peugeot 406 HDi saloon. Yesterday I wasn't able to start the car and got an 'Engine Immobiliser Fault' message on the dash. After disconnecting the battery and reconnecting I was able to start the car.

When I got home and turned off the igniton and removed the key the engine wouldn't stop!

I could have stalled it but I found that selecting reverse with my foot on the clutch without the key in the iginition stopped the engine!!

When it does stop then dash lights up again with errors.

Overnight it drained the battery :-(

Anyone seen this before? Can I trust the message on the dash? How much for a new one?

Thanks,

Tom.

Reply to
Tom C