multi-function display question

Hi Does anyone know if the muti-function display on the dash of my 02 406 has replaceable bulbs? The far right side (where the clock and temperature displays are situated) has become dim. If not, what the heck do they cost to replace? With thanks Phil.

Reply to
Philip Western

bulbs are in little plastic 1/4 turn holders, they look like an all in one part, but the bulb pulls out, only pennies from the dealer, while you have unit out change all of them

HTH - Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You know how to take the dash out?

Aat

"Jeff" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@despina.uk.clara.net...

Reply to
Aat

Thanks for info. Apparently prizing out the two end covers either side of the unit alows access to the screws that hold it in place. Do you know if it is crucial to disconnect the battery as that display is usually dead when the ignition is turned off? Phil

Reply to
Philip Western

I dont think I disconnected it - it pulls out far enough to change bulbs without

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Many thanks. I have a set of spare bulbs that include atiny glass one with no metal base (bit like fairy lights) Wonder if I'll find it is the correct bulb for the job? Thanks again Phil.

Reply to
Philip Western