multiplex codes

Anyone help me track down the multiplex codes for a peugeot 307, I have a canalyser diagnostic tool and need the database to sort out some engine trouble

Thanks

Pete

Reply to
Peter Phillips

Hello,

So you need stations' addresses ? Not sure it's some kind of "public" information, but if you've got a CANalyzer, I guess you've got an oscilloscope... You could try to find out some IDs on plugging that into the CAN port of BSI (engine management is CAN_HS).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"G.T" a écrit dans le message de news:40326be1$0$29949$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr...

There is no adress in such a network and if Peter has a CANAnlyzer (Vector tool?) he can simply connect CAN wires to correct pins on BSI (I've not the PIN out) and see messages. The problem is then to decode signals in messages and after modify values to reach the objective. According to me, an oscilloscope will be useless.

R1

Reply to
R1

Salut,

True, no addresses, but an ID on message header, to deliver it to right stations & arbitration (see acceptancve rules).

True.

Useless as he wants to decode frames, but may be interresting to see what a CAN frame looks like :-)

Regards, G.T (begins with CAN) snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Reply to
mindwipe

Hello,

True it's analog values, but you just make the statement (for example) "a 5V level is a logical 1, 0 is a logical 0". As we're talking about a digital system, there should be no value between 0 and 5V (according to my example).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

and a search on google for ODB II (2) can help as well...

good luck

Reply to
Marc

Reply to
mindwipe

Hello,

Huh, I forgot the signal speed :-/ Of course, you're right ! I was only concentrated around signal amplitude (which is quite simple to see, as they are digital).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T