new stereo in 206

I bought my wife a Sony CDX-L280 radio/CD to replace the stock radio in her

2000 206 (1.1L). The Sony takes in two wiring blocks whereas the pug radio takes 3. Is the third pug block for the steering column? Anyway looking @ the back of the pug there is a black block on top, white in middle and black on the bottom. Which is which? Will these plug straight into the sony? Thanks a million Killian
Reply to
Collywobbles

The 3rd plug is for the joystick. I've just done exactly what you want to do without problems. You may have to swap the red and yellow feeds over depends if the radio keeps it's memory or not.

You can get aan adaptor from Autoleads to get the steering wheel joystick working as long as the Sony head unit has a small stero jack socket at the back.

HTH

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

thanks for the prompt reply Len - exactly what I wanted to hear. I was aware that the joystick wouldn't work on the new stereo but isn't used anyway!

Reply to
Collywobbles

The Sony remote control input is the same as a headphone socket on a walkman. Check the accessories list for your stereo, if a wired remote control is an option.

I have a spare adapter that was used in a 2000 W reg 206 LX (same radio i believe).

Ben

Reply to
Ben Cowell