Oil change 206 HDI

I will be changing the oil on my 206 HDI soon I have bought the filter and noticed a small extension piece at the bottom of the filter. Is there a hole in the bottom of the filter housing into which this fits or does the filter just simply drop in the housing ?

See image extension piece circled.

macca

Check the old one when u get it out and match it up with the new one.

Reply to
Chris