206 Oil Change

Hi there,

How easy is it to change an oil filter myself in a 106 (Zest2 Diesel) I've got a new filter, sump washer and oil, is there anything special I need to do or be aware of? I'm no mechanic, but I don't want to pay for a mechanic for something that seems like a relatively straight forward job? If someone could give some advice or point me to a website or something I'd be very grateful!

Reply to
ibroughton

They are normally simple enough to do, I have a 306 and theoil at the same time, as you need to drain this before taking the filter off :)

Mark

Reply to
Mark

OK, how do I drain the oil? I thought it was a case of simply taking off the old filter? (Or would this cause the oil to gush everywhere?

Reply to
ibroughton

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the sump, undo that and the oil will gush from there. You will need a key to undo it, most Pugs are 8mm square.

Catch the old oil in a drain tray then transfer it into the container your new oil came in once you have put that in and dispose of the old oil in the proper place. Your local council tip will have a waste oil disposal point - do NOT pour it down the drains.

Not unless you had the engine running! Most of the oil settles in the sump, a little is left in the filter though so be careful when you take it off.

I always seem to make a mess so have a suply of old rags handy.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Remember to fit a new sump plug washer.

Reply to