Oil Leak

I have got a 1998 2.1td with 85K. recently noticed oil dripping down the back of the engine it also seems to be coming out from the inlet manifold unions. Also the pipes into and out of the intercooler seem to be sludged up. Any Ideas.

Cheers Alan

Reply to
alnhardiman

I have exactly the same problem with the same model car, however, I have not figured out what is causing it yet. My best guess is worn turbo bearings or a stuck EGR Valve, causing an increase in turbo temperature...

Nobody has suggested an alternative yet.

If it's any consolation though, mine has 148,000 miles on the clock and it's done this since 89,000 miles.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

I had a leak on my 1995 306 D Turbo coming from somwhere near the top of the engine on the driver's side. I'm not sure if its the same engine as yours but It turned out that the cylinder head had cracked. Check to see if there is any oil in the radiator coolant. If there is, you may need a new cylinder head or head gasket. Unfortunately, if this is the problem, It's expensive.

Reply to
Jim Goad via CarKB.com